My Blog List

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Advanced Use of Parts of Speech

           When I open my eyes, I am greeted by a bright blast of sunlight. What the heck? Where am I? What is happening? Am I being attacked by aliens? I squint hard against the light. The light suddenly disappears. Oh, I get it now. Relief floods my face. It's just my older brother Adrian, trying to piss me off first thing in the morning with the flashlight he got for his birthday.
           When he sees my eyes open, he grins. "Good morning, Emma!" he says cheerfully. "Isn't it a great morning?"
           "Sure" I grumble. "Can you please get off me now?" 
           He gives me another smile and hops off me, jabbing my right hip bone in the process.
           "Ouch!"I exclaim. "Watch yourself, Adrian!" I yell after him as he sprints from my room. I sigh and slowly roll out of bed. I slide into my shower, singing my new favorite song, Shake It Off, by Taylor Swift. My BFFE (Best Friend For Eternity), Olivia, hates it. She thinks Taylor Swift is lame and idiotic for having so many boyfriends. I smile, and hurry up to face the day.

1 comment:

  1. You've really brought this moment to life, Marta! Can't wait to read more of your creative writing this year!

    ReplyDelete